Wednesday, May 20, 2009

pulling out my hair

I have been so tired lately.  Juan wakes up 2 -4 times at night and when he is sleeping Ali or Lydia has been up.  So I heard this book called 12 hours of sleep at 12 weeks old.  And everyone says it works. So I got the book last week. It all sounds great and even makes sense on how to make them sleep for the 12 hours.  It has only been 1 week and he is doing well during the day but at night he is just uncomfortable.  So after all that.  Im pulling out my hair.  I have people telling me how I need to clean my house. ( You just need to do this and this and if you do this right away it will be better.  Oh and clean this right then or you will get ants. and so on and so...) I do have 3 kids at home all under 4.  Im doing what I can with NO sleep. I am trying to put Lydia in pre-school and I have a novel to fill out on all the paper work they want.  One question is - Words your child uses for bowel movement? Come on you cant figger that out. Then I have to run around and get her Dr. to fill out papers to.  Getting all three kids in and out just to drop off a paper sucks!  Then at Luis's soccer game just as it starts he gets carried off the fields. His ankle is the size of a large grapefruit, and black and blue. I hope it isn't broken.   


Mothers day dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Young's.  Luis got all the kids wet.



                                                 

 
Any ways - how was your Mothers day?Mine was good.  Luis got up and made me breakfast and I got one of those things that count your steps.  Then I had to give a talk at church.  And most of the time I would have a heart attack having to get up and give a talk BUT there was maybe 2 rows full. And thats a good day at church. I think the spanish branch has and will help me get over my fear of  talking infront of people.   Then the Saturday before we when to the Dixon Fair.  The girls loved it. 


They love riding the horses!!



Everyone loves fair food 


For a while now Lydia has been coming up with something at bed time on Why she should sleep with us.  For a while it was ghosts. But I tell her that we left all the ghosts back at the little house.  Then there was a mean mouse under the bed.  I would tel her that there is no mouse our cat gets all the mice.  That was a month ago.  But Ali will not let the mouse story go.  Every time we miss place something, the keys the remote  my cell phone. Ali always tells me  - the mouse take it, mouse.  



I wrote this blog 3 days ago (Juan slept for 10 hours last night  whoo  hooo the book works!!!!!)


blog again later
 

1 comment:

  1. I wish so much I could be there to help you. With my three kids in school I would love to be able to come over and take your kiddos to the park or outside or over to my house for awhile so you could rest. DO NOT LISTEN to the people who keep telling you that you need to clean your house. How rude! You do what you can and no more. There will come a time when you can do more but for now think of what you could do instead of what you should do. For instance, you COULD do dishes or vacuum or clean the bathroom OR you COULD sit down and rest, read the girls a story, or rock Juan. You might be surprised at how much better you feel when you take some responsibility off your own shoulders. It's alright to let things go for a while. You need to take care of yourself first. It took me a long time to figure that out. And taking care of yourself by letting the housework go is not selfish. I even changed the way I look at housework. I now clean the house so it can get dirty again not so it can stay clean.
    I know what a headache it is to put the kids in school for the first time. I think Lydia will love it and I think you will see what a good thing it is for her. And for a little while, you will only have two kids in the house. It's not a bad thing to need a break and to have school be that break. You are a beautiful person and a wonderful wife and mother. You're my sunshine sister and I want you to be happy. I love you very much.

    ReplyDelete