Friday, August 20, 2010

School

School started for Lydia last Wednesday. She loved it! She has two little friends in her class and she was happy and ready to go and learn.

She picked out her first day of school outfit and was so excited.
These are her friends, David the blond one is her "boyfriend" they have been talking about getting married for a long time.
Last Friday I went to pick her up and she came out happy had a great day, and said Im done with school. I said yes for two day and you have two says off but Monday you get to come back. This whole week has been terrible! She doesn't want to go to school. And this whole week I have had to leave her crying and screaming and kicking it has been hard on her and on me. She cries and says please just one more kiss and hug. So I give her just one more. Them through the tears she say wait I have to tell you something, I say ok tell me. She takes a deep breath in and says PLEASE TAKE ME WITH YOU! The lunch lady who is helping me with her says everyday she cries less. Today was just the same. I told her today was Friday and you don't have to go tomorrow. We will see how Monday goes.

P.S. today on the way to school I saw her sucking her thumb! She has never sucked her thumb! Should I be worried?

2 comments:

  1. I think that is great news that she is doing something self soothing. My guess is that she'll stop when she is comfortable and adapted to her new routine. Her whole life until now has been at home with you. When unwashed teaching I always had a few students that took a few weeks to adjust. The children that adjusted faster had parents that showed empathy to the child's emotions and talked about coping strategies for when they might get scared or homesick. I bet you already do that! I just know Brennan is going to do the same thing. Waaahhh!!! I don't want him to leave me!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Em, even though I don't know who she is. That must be hard for you to leave her but she will adjust and come to love school again. Just keep reassuring her that you will always be there to pick her up and take her home.

    ReplyDelete